When temperatures are warm and evenings get long, no one wants to spend any more time in the kitchen than absolutely necessary. If you’re yearning to get outside in the evenings after work but feeding your hungry crew is getting in the way, try one of these recipes that feature frozen shrimp. Cooking frozen shrimp is fast and easy, so you can satisfy hungry appetites and have plenty of time left over to enjoy the brilliance of every long summer evening.
Everything Bagel Sliders
Simple sliders are a perfect weeknight meal when you want something light yet satisfying. If you use your air fryer to cook the everything bagel shrimp, you can avoid heating your oven and cut the already short prep time into almost nothing.
1 package of frozen SeaPak Everything Bagel Butterfly Shrimp
2 cups chopped fresh cabbage
2 Tbsp chopped capers
1 Tbsp chopped fresh dill
1 thinly sliced tomato
1 sliced red onion
2 sesame buns or four small slider buns
- Cook the Everything Bagel Butterfly Shrimp in your air fryer according to directions.
- While the shrimp cook, defrost the included packet of cream cheese chive sauce in a cup of warm water. When that sauce is fully defrosted, mix it with the chopped cabbage, capers, and dill to create slaw.
- Lightly toast the buns.
- To serve, place sliced tomato, sliced red onion, and a hearty scoop of slaw on the bottom of each bun. Pile on some cooked shrimp and cover with the top half of the bun.
Hot Honey Coconut Shrimp Waffles
Frozen shrimp and frozen waffles provide the head start you need to get this tasty meal on the table in nothing flat. Add a fresh fruit salad on the side, and you’ll have smiles all around.
1 10oz package frozen SeaPak Jumbo Coconut Shrimp
10 homestyle frozen waffles
¼ cup honey
½ teaspoon ground chipotle chili powder plus more if you like it hotter
4 tablespoons butter
1 lime, zested, and then cut into wedges
- Preheat the oven to 425ºF.
- Arrange frozen SeaPak Jumbo Coconut Shrimp on one half of a large foil-lined baking sheet and bake for 12 minutes.
- When there are 6 minutes left on the baking time, add waffles to the other side of the baking sheet and continue baking.
- Meanwhile, make the hot honey sauce by heating the honey, chili powder, butter, and one-half of the lime zest together in a small saucepan.
- To serve, top each crispy waffle with warm shrimp drizzled with the hot honey sauce. Garnish with lime zest and a lime wedge alongside.